Welcome to the 7th Episode of the Bright Minds Podcast, today we interview the very talented Kara Ronin from Executive Impressions. We learn how to make good impressions and exude power in business.
If you're an iTunes user, please subscribe using iTunes - for everyone else - subscribe via Stitcher! That way you'll be sure to never miss an episode!
Make sure you check out Kara's website here: http://www.executive-impressions.com and be sure to check out her articles and products pages, she has some incredible content to share!
Why is business etiquette so important?
- Firstly, business etiquette is not old fashioned
- Teaches you how to start conversations and remember names
- How to make a good first impression
- It will help you get the job and get a promotion.
Social skills are the most important, but also the most laking.
3 Key Areas to give you power in business:
1.Powerful body language
Voice Strategies to sound more powerful
The words you use only accounts for 7% of what people hear.
Enunciation, volume, tone, the speed at which you speak are very important.
Use these tactics:
- Use the power pause.
- Use the upswing
Body Language Strategies
- Use the Steple
- Posture - Keep your head up high.
- It’s the first thing people see.
- Your clothes need to fit properly
- Darker colours project more authority - Doesn’t mean you have to dress head to toe in black. Even darker jewellery can assist with this.
Mindset is so important!
Secrets to Success for Kara:
- Eat Healthy
Alli Brown’s Podcast: https://alibrown.com/radio/
Alan Weis - Million Dollar Consulting