You Need To Do This 1 Thing Before January 31st.
We are officially two weeks into January 2017, and I know most of you are already heads down working hard towards your goals for 2017.
But, I need you to stop and reflect for a moment.
How was 2016?
What lessons did you learn, what things need to be changed?
I want you to spend half an hour or an hour of your time and go through everything that happened last year so that you can move into this year knowing exactly what you are doing and so you can avoid making the same mistakes.
Use this post as your end of year wrap up, print it out, or copy the questions into a Word Doc or your diary and keep them for future reference. Just make sure you take the time to do this, it'll make all the difference to your 2017 - I promise.
2016 - Your Year in Review
- What were your greatest accomplishments in 2016?
- What were your biggest struggles?
- Do you have all of the technology, tools and staff in place to grow?
- What marketing worked well for you? What results did you get?
- What were your top 3 most profitable products or services? (This one was a game changer for me when I went through this process myself)
- What were your social media stats on Jan 1 vs. Dec 31 - how much did your accounts grow by?
- How much money did you spend on advertising? What was your return on investment? If you don't know, how can you track it so that you'll know how effective is for future. (hint: if you don't know. I can help!)
- Finally what was your total income for the year, your total expenses, and then subtract the two to get your profit for the year.
You'll find that going through these questions, you may realise things you never knew about your business. I discovered that what I thought was the most profitable aspect of my business wasn't, and a service I put no effort into actually made me more money - so you can imagine my plans for 2017 changed quite a bit after that discovery.
Yes, it's important to plan goals and be excited about what's to come, but it's equally important to be aware of what's happened so you can learn, grow and move forward.